Your bespoke dental examination includes a comprehensive dental exam which will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist will include the following:
- Check of your medical history and dental history
- History taking of any problems or concerns you may have.
- The Jaw Joint(TMJ), Lymph node and Muscles examination: Check the jaw joint, neck and facial muscles for any abnormalities.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Examination of existing restorations: Chart current fillings, crowns,missing teeth etc.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of your bite checking how your teeth meet and any for abnormal contacts on jaw movements and tooth wear,fractures,cracks
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.Check plaque and calculus deposits and note any gum recession.
- Cosmetic Evaluation: where requested-Checking the shape,shade,alignment and cosmetic harmony of your teeth.
- Intra-Oral Photography: Photos are taken with our digital SLR camera with Macro lens and ring Flash to discuss our findings from the examination and to keep records
- Special Investigations: Necessary Xrayswith the very latest low dose instant digital x-rays.Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss,tooth and root positions. These are charged at £15 each for small x rays.
- Risk Assessment and categorization: for tooth decay,gum disease and oral cancer.
- Discussion of any treatment needed to include future prevention, treatment options with pros and cons of each,prognosis of treatment including guarantees,costs and methods of payment.
- Provision of written estmate/treatment plan.
NOTE in complex cases study models and/or diagnostic wax ups of your teeth may be needed before a treatment plan can be provided, requiring a second visit before giving a treatment plan.